Your doula helps you create a positive birth experience no matter what the circumstance. Doulas attend both home births and hospital births, providing non-medical support to help you cope with labor and understand your options every step of the way.
A monitrice does everything a doula does, and is additionally trained to provide clinical monitoring for both you and baby. A monitrice does not actually deliver your baby. She provides extra peace of mind while you labor at home, and will help you decide when it is time to leave for the hospital.
Doula & Monitrice Services
1 1/2 to 2 hour meeting to get to know one another and discuss birth philosophies and your desire for your birth. There is no charge for this service.
- Unlimited phone and e-mail support
- Minimum 2 prenatal visits
- Four weeks of 24 hour on-call availability surrounding your due date (2 weeks before through 2 weeks after)
- Continuous support during labor/birth
- 1-2 hours of assistance immediately following the birth, including establishing breastfeeding
- Minimum of one postpartum visit
- Photo CD of any pictures taken during labor, birth, and immediately after
- Unlimited access to our DVD, CD, and book collections